Sharp minds. Sharp solutions.
Horack Talley handles the employment legal issues you are likely to encounter as an employer. Our clients come from most major sectors and industries, including real estate developers, insurance brokerages, hotel chains, restaurants, health care providers, builders, manufacturers, retailers, technology services providers, and other businesses. We also assist professional level employees with various employment contract issues.
Horack Talley is your partner from creating employee handbooks to litigation, should the need arise. We will create documents that outline best practices and legal expectations. These include preparation and review of employment documents, such as non-compete agreements, employment contracts, confidentiality agreements, and severance and separation agreements. And if the time comes, we will enforce these contracts and agreements in court.
We will represent your interests in unfair competition disputes, unemployment claims, wage and hour disputes, trade secret issues, and government agency investigations and hearings. We will defend your company against claims of discrimination based on race, age, disability and sex, as well as sexual harassment.
We have represented:
- A national motorsports company in a racial discrimination lawsuit in federal court
- A national hotel chain in an age and disability lawsuit filed by a laundry room attendant in federal court
- A national sales company on a sexual harassment claim filed by a female employee with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, pertaining to alleged acts of a female supervisor
- A national energy drink company in a hearing concerning unemployment benefits before the Employment Security Commission
- A local insurance agency in state court to enforce a non-compete agreement with a former broker
We are experienced in federal and state courts and agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Employment Security Commission (ESC).